Sunday, October 11, 2009

A call for being a yogi

I recently read somewhere, among a set of buddhist monks, a criteria for selecting the 'guru' (gu-darkness,ru-dispel meaning Spiritual Teacher) of the community is the dexterity with which one controls his blood pressure...

Dr. Pravin Koppikar is a very famous doctor having a clinic at Seven Bungalows,Andheri (West),Mumbai. He told i seemed like having flu. He gave me meddication for 5 days. During his regular check up, he found in me blood pressure in a level which is more than normal. My BP measured 140/94 to a normal of 120/80 for a guy of my age. I didn't have jitters hearing that. Praneeth, my friend in next room of hostel, asked me how you are so cool having known your condition.

The doctor gave me a one page info leaflet for letting me know more about Hypertension(HT). HT can not be cured unfortunately but can only be controlled. This is a positive sign. This is something which goes with my subtle desire of becoming a yogi. I resolve to do yoga for reducing my weight, stress and bp forever. There were no great physical cause to do it. But now i can see all the fingers pointing to me being a yogi.

I can't forget the awe and wonder with which i read the legendary popular book by a yogi, Yogi Yogananda Pramahamsa. I had bought it from Mangalore central railway station for Rs.125 when i was about to journey to my home in kerala. All the yogic powers which is mentioned in the book, i will be posessing. I will be beyond doubt knowing the supreme truth. The tomorrow has become better with this hypertension. Now starts a new life with ht...

jo

No comments:

Post a Comment